If you are a food lover and you want to know about avocado sushi rolls then you should read this article because everything you should want to know about avocado sushi rolls is here. Before going into further detail let you tell you about avocado.
Avocado is only one common food used in sushi because their taste is natural and “fatty” feel. The avocado is the only ideal substitute for the raw fish commonly used in sushi. It is cholesterol free. It is fully packed with healthy vitamins, fats, and fiber. The type of avocado used in sushi is a Haas avocado. It has dark green skin and it is perfect to round out the sushi roll. Avocado is the excellent addition to any roll. It makes the rolls beautiful and delicious.
History of Avocado In Sushi Rolls
In the western world, if you look in any Japanese menu specialty subsection you will notice more avocados are listed in them. More people don’t know that avocado is a foreign ingredient in Japan and not commonly used in rolls.
How Can Avocado Become Important Ingredient In North America
Avocado in sushi was the idea of Japanese chef 44 years ago it’s all started. when the Japanese chief is in Los Angeles (North America) they are having trouble to find Toro. Toro is a fatty area of tuna and the taste is creamy.
More Toro is divided into the more fatty part is known as Ostro is under fish area and the fattest. And the Chutoro is bally area.
In that time Toro is finding difficult, the Japanese chef discovered Avocado because it is liberal fruit in California and popular ingredient in many dishes. In this way, avocado becomes an important and popular ingredient in North America.
Avocado Sushi Rolls Recipe:
- Rinse the rice in cold water to remove the dirt.
- Place the rice into 3 cups of water in a saucepan and cover it with fitting lid.
- Boiled the rice in water with medium heat over 3 minutes then reduce the heat to low and boiled it over 15 minutes with tight lid.
- Remove the lid the water is no longer visible.
- Sprinkle the rice with vinegar, sugar, and salt. (until the rice reaches the body temperature
- Keep the rice covered with damp paper until the rice is ready to use.
- Take sushi roller.
- Take nori sheet shiny side down on sushi roller and apply the rice.
- Add 2-3 pieces of avocado and veggies (optional) in half or one inch.
- Roll the Nori sheet and cut in pieces in line (there will be line visible on Nori sheet).
- Top it with sesame seeds and enjoy with gluten-free soy sauce.
- 2 cup white rice or sushi rice (cooked)
- 1 avocado (cut the avocado into the half. Remove the seed and peel the skin)
- 5 nori sheets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 5 optional (add veggies: cucumbers, carrots etc.).
- Avocado has many nutrition values and is only fruit delivers vast healthy fats
- This fruit contains 20 different minerals and vitamins.
- Maintain cholesterol level.
- Protect against osteoporosis (high amount of vitamin K).
- Reducing the risk of cancer.
- Calories = 127
- Total fat = 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat =3g
- Saturated fat = 1g
- Sodium = 982mg
- Carbohydrate = 16g
- Sugar = 0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat = 1g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Protein = 5g
- Potassium = 125mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Calcium = 15%
- Iron = 7%
“I Hope you would enjoy our article if you do please leave a comment. If you like to know more about the food you can search for it on our site. Here are two of our recommendable for you to read. It is about Chocolate Mirror Glaze, and Pizza Pie Thanks a lot.”