If you fond of eating Chinese cuisine, then this article is definitely for you. I am going to share the recipe of a well knows Chinese dish named, Moo goo gai pan. You can find the name of this dish on the menu card of almost all the local Chinese restaurants.
You can say that Moo goo gai pan is a modified American form of the Chinese dish. The main origin of the dish is China.
It is a stir-fried dish that consists of chicken that is cut into cubes or slices. It also consists of white button mushrooms along with some vegetables that include carrots, potatoes, peas, chillis, and cabbage. The sliced chicken. Mushrooms and the vegetables are dipped in a savory sauce.
Note: If you like Chinese food. Check out our recipe Sushi
- Cook time: The dish gets 45-50 minutes to get prepared.
- Calories per serving: 308 calories
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms.
- 2 cups chopped carrots.
- 1 cane of green peas.
- 1 bottle of sliced Potatoes.
- 2 cloves of garlic. Mince the garlic first.
- 1 tablespoon corn starch. Adding the corn starch makes the sauce thick.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar. Adding the sugar will give a sweet taste to the dish and is also used for the crispiness.
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine. If rice wine is not available, you can also put some white wine to it.
- A half cup of chicken broth. You can make chicken broth by boiling the chicken in water and add a pinch of salt.
- One pound chicken. Remember to use boneless chicken for the dish. Breast piece is preferred. Wash the chicken thoroughly.
Advice: The above-mentioned ingredients are for 3-4 servings. You can make changes to the quantity of the ingredients, depending on your number of servings.
How To Make Moo Goo Gai Pan? [Directions]
I will tell you stepwise below how to prepare this yummy most demanding Chinese cuisine:
Heat the vegetable oil on high flame. Wait for it until it smokes. When it starts smoking, put all the vegetables in it and stir it. Continue stirring and cook until the vegetables are soft. Cook for almost five minutes. Remove from the heat.
You have to heat the oil again in another pan. Add the minced garlic and cook it, until it turns light brown.
Do not burn the garlic. It tastes bad.
Now add sliced chicken and cook it until it turns light brown too. Cook the chicken for five minutes. The chicken will become soft and juicy.
Now in the third and final step, mix and stir the corn starch, white sugar, soya sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and chicken broth in a dish.
Pour this mixture over the half-cooked chicken and heat the ingredients while stirring constantly on high flame. You have to heat and boil the mixture until the sauce becomes thick. In the end, add the vegetables you have already cooked.
It’s ready! Take out the dish and its ready to be served.
Some people are very diet conscious and are concerned about what they eat.
Nutrition Facts Of Moo Goo Gai Pan:
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9 g
- Protein: 41.7 g
- Cholesterol : 86 mg
- Sodium : 990 mg
Do You Want To Go For It??
So if you are craving for Chinese dish today, this is one of the easy to make yet quick and nutritious recipe, I have shared.
Do let us know when you try it and how will you rate our recipe sharing. We welcome feedback.