Hunan is a province of China, which is located in the South East of the country. It is famous for its natural beauty and attract thousands of tourists every year. The province is surrounded by mountains in the East, West, and South while it has a beautiful river named Yangban on its North.
HUNAN CHICKEN RECIPE
Hunan chicken recipe is famous for its unique taste and easy cooking. Its sweet and savory taste makes it more delicious among all the chicken recipes. It is a fried dish with garlic and ginger spicy sauce. While making this recipe, all you need to take care of is not to cook the vegetables too much, as it will alter the taste.
Que: Difference Between Hunan chicken Recipe And Szechwan Chicken Recipe?
Ans: In Hunan chicken recipe, the chicken pieces are first coated with corn starch with a spicy chili paste. This recipe also includes vegetables. While in Szechwan chicken recipe, chicken is battered and fried before it is added to the vegetables. The sauce is also much sweeter than the Hunan chicken recipe.
Note: A quick Question – What is better than Soba Noodles with Hunan Chicken?
INGREDIENTS For the Hunan chicken Recipe:
For Hunan chicken recipe, all you need is the following items, easily available from the grocery stores.
- One pound chicken. Take the breast pieces, as they get tendered easily. Wash the chicken before.
- One table spoon corn starch.
- ¼ cup Canola oil.
- Two cloves of garlic. Minced.
- One green Zucchini cut into fine pieces.
- Broccoli Florets.
- One can of bamboo shoots.
How to Make Hunan Sauce
You need following items for making the sauce of the recipe:
- Half cup chicken broth.
- One tablespoon corn starch.
- Two tablespoon soya sauce.
- Two tablespoon oyster sauce.
- One tablespoon rice vinegar.
- One tablespoon white sugar.
- One table spoon Sambal Oelek Chili paste.
How to Prepare a Hunan Chicken Recipe
You shall follow the step by step process for making this tasty recipe within 30 minutes:
- Add the chicken pieces and the corn starch in a sealed bag. The purpose of this is to coat the chicken properly with the corn starch. It makes it crispier.
- Now add the canola oil to the pan over high medium flame.
- Cook both sides of the chicken so it turns golden brown. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now take a bowl and make the Hunan sauce, by mixing together all the sauces in equal quantity.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add in the ginger, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, and bamboo shoots.
- Cook all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and toss the chicken Cook for 1-2 minutes. Wait till the sauce becomes thick.
Video Recipe For Hunan chicken Recipe By cookingguide
You can serve this dish with noodles or plain white rice. You do not have to spend too long for its preparation and if you expecting guests this evening then this is the best quick recipe to be a good host.
We will look forward to your valuable feedback. For more delicious recipes you can comment or inbox us.