The taste of Japanese cuisine is a result of various changes through many years of politics, economics tradition and culture. The taste of Japanese cuisine can be described as sweet and sour.
The traditional Japanese cuisine consists of plain white rice with miso soup and other combination of side dishes. These complement dishes are prepared of fish, pickled vegetables and vegetables cooked in a broth. Along with taste, the cuisine of Japan is healthy as it includes seasonal vegetables.
Japanese chicken curry consists of tendered pieces of chicken, carrots and boiled potatoes is a sweet curry. It is served with plain white rice.
Plain white rice is a must addition to all most all the dishes of Japanese cuisine. In Japan, rice is not only considered as a cereal. In Japanese culture, the natives eat a lot of rice which also helps them to keep their weight balanced.
Note: A perfect Recipe for Perfect Green Shots.
Ingredients For Japanese Chicken Curry
For making this delicious Japanese cuisine, you need to bring the following items to your kitchen
- One tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 600 gm chicken fillets. I will prefer to take thigh pieces. Wash It and cut into pieces
- One onion. Chopped
- Fresh ginger. Peel it and use it grated.
- Two garlic cloves. Crush it.
- ¼ cup plain flour.
- Two tablespoon curry powder.
- Two cups of chicken stock. Prepare it by boiling the chicken in water. Add salt to taste.
- Two carrots. Sliced.
- 150 g green beans. You can also take green peas if you do not like beans.
- ¼ cup apple sauce.
- One tablespoon soya sauce.
- One tablespoon honey.
- Two spring onions.
- One tablespoon sesame seeds. This is optional to add.
- Two tablespoon tomato paste.
For serving this chicken curry, you will need the following two items
- Steamed rice.
- Pickled ginger.
How to make the Japanese Chicken Curry
Follow my instructions step by step to make this chicken curry. here you go!
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high flame.
- Add chicken to hot oil and stir it. Cook it for five minutes, until the color of chicken turns brown. Transfer the half cooked chicken to a plate.
- Melt butter in the same frying pan over medium-high heat. Add brown onion. Cook for three minutes.
- Now add ginger to it. Stir and cook for almost three to four seconds so as to add the aroma of ginger to the curry.
- Add flour and stir and cook it, until it turns brown.
- Add curry powder.
- Add tomato paste.
- Add chicken broth and stir the ingredients Turn the flame to medium-low.
- Add chicken and carrots to the mixture.
- Cook for almost 15 minutes with continued
- Now add green beans.
- Add the sauces.
- Add honey.
- Cook the mixture for five minutes, until the beans and carrots become soft.
- Sprinkle curry with the spring onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve the chicken curry with white steamed rice and pickled ginger.
Nutrition Facts Of Japanese Curry
Nutritionist considers it as healthy food, as it contains vegetables like carrots and beans that are healthy.
- Total calories: 464.1
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Carbohydrates: 62.2 g
- Fats: 10.8 g
- Proteins: 25 g
Related Video Guide For Japanese Chicken Curry By Japanese Cooking Lovers by Yuri
Have you ever wondered why the Japanese chicken curry is gaining so much popularity? It is because it is quick and easy to make. Total cook time is 40 minutes and you can keep it as an option for your next weekend dinner.
For your valuable feedback and for more recipes do comment us.