MOO GOO GAI PAN
Being fond of eating good and delicious foods, I always explore new recipes either its Chinese cuisine, Japanese cuisine, an Indian or Pakistani dish, a European dish. I try these recipes in my own kitchen too. In this writing, I will tell you about a famous Chinese dish, named Moo goo gai pan. I came to know about this dish, once when I went to a local Chinese restaurant with my friends. I so much liked the savory taste of the recipe.
Moo goo gai pan consists of sliced chicken cubes with lots of buttons mushrooms and fresh vegetables dipped in a savory sauce. You can see a variety of vegetables but the commonly used are carrots, peas, and cabbage.
What ingredients you need:
For making this recipe, you need the following main ingredients :
- Two tablespoons vegetable oil. I would advise using healthy and safe to eat oil.
- Two tablespoons rice wine
- Two tablespoons vinegar.
- Two tablespoon oyster sauce.
- One tablespoon white sugar.
- Two tablespoon corn starch.
- Half cup of chicken broth. You make the chicken broth at home very easily and rapidly. Boil the chicken in water with a little amount of salt added.
- One pound of boneless chicken breast pieces.
- Four cloves of garlic. Minced.
In vegetables you will need:
- One can of peas.
- Four potatoes, boiled and sliced into cubes.
- One can of buttons mushrooms.
- Two cups of carrots. Sliced already.
How to make the recipe:
Out of curiosity When I looked for the recipe, I was amazed that it is so simple and easy to cook. The total cook time is no more than fifty minutes.
The cooking steps are as follows:
- First of all, heat the vegetable oil in the pan, over the high flame and wait until it smokes. When the smokes come out, add the sliced vegetables to it and cook them but constantly Cook for almost five minutes and then remove the pan from flame.
- In one other pan, heat the vegetable oil, add chicken cubes and minced ginger. Cook it until the color of the chicken become lightly golden and becomes soft and tender.
- In a bowl, mix the corn starch, white sugar, oyster sauce, rice wine, and the chicken broth. Mix the ingredients well to make a paste.
- Pour this mixture on the half-cooked chicken and cook it for the next five minutes, so that the sauce becomes thick.
- In the end, put the sliced vegetables to the cooked mixture of chicken. And it is ready to be served.
Note Recipe: Moo Goo Gai Pain 3 Steps Recipe
Along with sweet and savory taste, this dish has high nutritional values as it contains vegetables too. It provides 308 calories per serving and you would love to eat it. Do give it a try, you can easily get it in the menu cards of almost all Chinese restaurants and if not you can make it at home too.
Note: We have a lot of different recipes on Chicken Recipes. Give it a try. Best of luck.
For your valuable feedbacks do comment us and if you want to know about some other favorite recipe of yours, do not hesitate to inbox us.