I know you are a pizza lover, and you want to know about New York Style Pizza, then you should have to read this article. Before further in detail, you should know first about what is New York Style Pizza.
What is New York Style Pizza?
If you are in New York City or if you have gone to New York City you surely found the time to grab a slice of pizza. NYC is home to pizza restaurants and serving unique pizza. For the first time, the New York-style pizza slice grew out of Neapolitan pizza when the Italian bought pizza in NYC.
In early 1900s New York style pizza has a large and wide slice with thin crust and crispy. It’s quite a large size typically 18 inches long and there are eight slices.
Because of large slices customers often purchase in slices. It is topped with tomato sauce and cheese. Without extra topping is known as plain, regular or cheese pizza.
History of New York Style Pizza:
New York style pizza began in 1905 by Gennaro Lombardi in New York City. The recipe is adapted from original Nepal pizza serve large slice and wide pizza cooked by an employ Antonio Totonno Pero and purchase in slices.
In 1905 New York style, pizza had commercial demands environment of Italian ingredients. New York style pizza often called Neapolitan-American because that is such common with original Neapolitan pizza which is thin crust and crispy, topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. The style of cooking was different Neapolitan pizza cooked in wood and their center is soft and amorphous. Neapolitan pizza served for one person. New York style pizzas were cooked in a coal-fired oven and their edges are crisp.
Now New York style pizzas were cooked in a gas oven, and their size is 18”.Purchase with whole pie or slices. The New York styles have more cheese and cover the entire pie. New York styles have more ingredients for high-gluten bread flour sugar and olive oil is used and adds an additional topping such as pepperoni, sausage, etc.
New York Style Pizza Recipe:
- Take salt, sugar, flour, and yeast in the bowl of food processor. Pulse 4 to 5 times. Add olive oil and yeast process it for 20 to 30-second form ball.
- Take dough to knead twice by hand smooth until the ball is formed. Place it in the refrigerator for one day in the freezer bag.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator at two hours before baking. Shape into ball and flour well and place into a bowl. Place it at room temperature until double in volume.
- Sprinkle the wooden pizza peel. Dust the work surface with bread flour and pull of pizza dough and stretch it with fingers from the center of dough. Stretch it to 12 to the 14-inch circle and 1/5-inch thicker and then place it into pizza peel.
- Apply the tomato or any red sauce on the surface of the overall crust. For topping add some mushroom, olive, and some thinly sliced onion. And on top apply low mobilize cheese. Transfer it for baking to preheated peel about 550°F and bake it for 8 to 10 minutes its depend on the peel. And when pizza cheese is melted and crust is golden it is ready to serve and Enjoy it.
- 2 cup bread flours and 1 cup for dusting.
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt.
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast.
- 3 tablespoons olive oils.
- 3 cups of warm water.
- 1 batch tomato sauce or any red sauce.
- Mushrooms for topping.
- Black olive for topping.
- 1/2 thinly sliced onion for topping.
- 1 pound grated dry mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Per Serving:
- Calories = 719
- Fat = 36.6 g
- Carbohydrates = 56.7 g
- Protein = 40.3 g
- Cholesterol = 88 mg
- Sodium = 1832 mg
“I Hope you would enjoy our article if you do please leave a comment. If you like to know more about the food you can search for it on our site. Here are two of our favorite recommendations be for you to read. It is about Sicilian pizza, And Avocado sushi Thanks a lot.”